4 Ekim 2012 Perşembe

Avengers vs X-Men #12(of 12)

To contact us Click HERE
Alright, this will be a total knee-jerk reaction review for me, because as I'm typing this intro up, I haven't opened this comic up yet.  Once I finish reading it, I'll just let loose with whatever I have in my head.  So, without any further ado, the final chapter of AvX.

Avengers vs X-Men #12:

Summary: The combined forces of the Avengers and X-Men have one final, desperate plan left against Dark Phoenix Cyclops, get the Scarlet Witch and Hope to combine their forces against DPC(yeah, I'm not gonna type Dark Phoenix Cyclops through this entire review!) since Wanda's hex bolts have been the only thing to hurt DPC and Hope can mimic those powers.  With that, the combined A+X group attacks DPC, but really get nowhere against him, at least until Nova(!) slams into DPC, driving him to earth, where the A+X team, as well as Hope and Wanda can lay into him.  During the battle, DPC flips out and lashes out with a massive amount of flames, at which time a woman shrouded in shadows walks over telling DPC it was time for this all to end...  DPC immediately realizes the woman is Jean Grey, and she promises him that it doesn't hurt...  With that, Hope and Wanda hit the distracted DPC with everything they have, forcing the Phoenix Force out of his body and into the air, where it locates it's originally intended target, Hope.  Hope gains the power of the Phoenix and flies off, with Tony Stark trying(unsuccessfully) to keep up.  However, Phoenix Hope flies around undoing the damage DPC had done to the world.  After doing that, Hope comes back to the A+X team and tells them that she was going to be the White Phoenix, doing good deeds and the like.  Wanda tells Phoenix Hope that she was chosen by the Phoenix because she was the one person who could let the power go, due to her strong training by Cable and Iron Fist.  With that, Wanda and Phoenix Hope combine their powers and say "No More Phoenix", sending the Phoenix Force out of Hope, where it bounces around the planet before vanishing.  However, it appears that the Phoenix Force did indeed do what crazy Lord Summers had hoped for, as several people around the world begin to gain mutant powers(YES!!!!!!).  And now, it's epilogue time!  Cyclops has been locked up where he's still acting oddly smug about his whole role in this mess, since the mutant race did seem to experience a bit of a rebirth, even though, you know, Professor X and several civilians died, along with the X-Men being torn apart in the process.  Captain America tells him that the other Phoenix Five X-Men were wanted for their actions in this mess, but that Cap has come to realize that the Avengers hadn't done enough to help the mutant population, something he intended to change...  That brings us to Wanda and Hawkeye, who are looking to put together a joint X-Men/Avengers team.  Iron Man acts as if he knew all of this would lead to a mutant rebirth(?!), while Thor offers Nova a slot on the Avengers(YES!!).  Wolverine has nothing to say to Lord Summers, while Hope flies away, having accomplished her goal of being the mutant messiah(I guess).

Thoughts: The bottom line is this...  There was ONE thing and ONE thing only I wanted out of this series.  And that would be the reversal of that idiotic, "No More Mutants" garbage.  That one line handcuffed so many X-Men writers since they had no way to add new members to the team, nor any way to give them new mutant enemies.  So, as a long time X-fan, I am overjoyed to see new mutants popping up, hopefully leading to some great new characters and storylines(not involving an endless supply of Sentinels and William Stryker!).  Now, onto the meat of this issue, and series.  I don't get why Professor Xavier was killed off, especially since Lord Summers seemed kind of unfazed about it when he was talking to Cap at the end.  He was like, "Well, if I could take his place I would, but I can't, so I won't!"  On top of that, Hope is still around...  I don't get that at all.  I'd have bet good money that she either dies here, or would have left Earth with the Phoenix Force...  Instead she's just kind of around...  With nothing to do...  I don't get that at all, but whatever.  So what did I make of this series?  I think it was full of missed opportunities   I think it could have been told way better, in a way where the X-Men didn't turn evil once they got the Phoenix powers.  I'd have liked to have seen the X-Men more shades of grey instead of deciding they'd rule the world, "for it's own good..."  However, you always remember the last thing that happens in an event like this, and for me, this event will always be remembered for bringing back mutantkind for me, so for that?  I'd call this series a win.

Score: 8 out of 10.
avengers vs x-men #12
"More mutants."?!  Oh god yes!!!!!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder