12 Kasım 2012 Pazartesi

Captain America #18

To contact us Click HERE
I could very easily sum this issue up in a sentence or two...  That's about how much I care about this storyline...  Eh, I might as well polish this one off.

Captain America #18

Summary:  While Falcon and Diamondback try to keep people from going crazy due to the madbombs dropped by the Hydra Queen, Bravo and Baron Zemo(who is unfortunately evil. Again...), Sharon Carter confronts Zemo on his space station and Cap heads after the Queen and Bravo.  Sharon(with some help from Dum Dum Dugan), manages to choke Zemo unconscious, before the two destroy the station, which in turn destroys the madbombs(I guess...).  Cap beats up Bravo, so the Queen shoots at both of them, which is fine since Cap has a shield.  Not so fine for Bravo, who doesn't.  Bravo gets shot a few times, so Cap throws his shield at the Queen, which knocks her into her computer screens, and apparently puts her in a coma(?!).  From there, Cap and company are happy, Bravo and Zemo get taken into custody, while the Queen is being worshiped by some lackey in her hospital bed.

Thoughts:  Blah.  That's my thoughts on this one.  It's sad that Ed Brubaker's epic Cap run is ending with such a whimper, but that's what we're getting.  But considering the fact that Brubaker's Cap run is my favorite run, by any writer, on any comic, from any company, ever, he definitely gets a pass from me on this one.  I never found Bravo or the Hydra Queen interesting(which is weird since Brubaker has that special talent to make ANYBODY interesting), the storyline was another variation of the old, "Cap is disillusioned by America" story, and yes, I hate the fact that Baron Zemo is evil again.  So if you take all of that, mix it up, you end up with a comic I sadly didn't really enjoy.

Score: 5 out of 10.
captain america #18
Too bad Bravo didn't die here...

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder