12 Aralık 2012 Çarşamba

Avengers #1

To contact us Click HERE
So, Jonathan Hickman...  Truth be told, I dropped the Fantastic Four and Ultimates comics because I just couldn't take his Morrison-esque writing style.  Hopefully him getting away from Reed Richards who seems to be a huge crutch for Hickman) will make this a more enjoyable read for me.

Avengers #1

Summary: Some random villain named Ex Nihilo decides to make Mars a lush planet with new lifeforms.  He's joined by some woman named Abyss and a robot named Aleph.  Before starting his terraforming of Mars, he randomly blasts Earth with some terraforming bombs, which naturally brings the Avengers(the movie version in this case) to Mars.  The villains easily defeat the Avengers and Ex Nihilo drops Captain America back on Earth, just because, I guess.  Cap, recalling an earlier conversation with Iron Man about making the Avengers larger, puts out a call to all sorts of obscure heroes because nowadays everybody gets to be an Avenger.  And a slew of random characters show up answering Cap's call, ending this one.

Thoughts:  Well, this was what I feared...  Hickman seems like he wants to be Grant Morrison, but he actually makes LESS sense than Morrison!!!  It's awful.  After reading this issue, I'll be dropping new Avengers from my pull list(before it even releases!) and will put the series on a VERY short leash.  I have a terrible feeling within a few months the unthinkable will happen and I'll be longing for the simpler days of Bendis as the Avengers writer...  Naturally, if you were a fan of Hickman's work on Fantastic Four and FF, I have no doubt you'll enjoy this, because he's moving in the same direction here.  If not?  Good luck...

Score: 5 1/2 out of 10.
avengers #1
Avengers Assemble!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder